Having a dinnertime dilemma? We have just the thing: Pork Chops with Pear Mostarda!
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Schnucks extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 bone-in pork loin rib chops
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup packed Schnucks brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 3/4 tsp. Schnucks crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 pears, cored and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. whole grain mustard
- In nonstick 12" skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Pat pork chops dry with paper towel; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In batches, cook pork chops 6- 8 minutes or until cooked through and internal temperature reaches 145°F, turning once. Transfer pork chops to cutting board; loosely cover with aluminum foil and let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat water, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, ginger and crushed red pepper to a light boil over medium heat. Add pears and cook 10 minutes or until they are soft but not mushy. With slotted spoon, transfer pears to bowl.
- Heat remaining liquid in saucepan to boiling over medium heat; with whisk, stir in mustards. Cook 10 minutes longer or until sauce has reduced and thickened slightly (should be very syrupy). Season to taste with salt. Pour sauce over pears; serve warm or at room temperature over pork chops.
290 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 3G