This recipe from Schnucks is perfect for parties and get-togethers.
- 2 slices large sweet onion
- 1 large jalapeño chile pepper
- 1 large poblano chile pepper
- 1 lime
- 4 ripe California avocados
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. Meanwhile, to secure onion rings, place 2 wooden picks horizontally through onion slices. Place onion and whole jalapeno and poblano chiles on hot grill rack. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until onion softens and browns and chiles char in spots, turning occasionally and transferring to rimmed baking pan as they are done. Place chiles on cutting board; let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, from lime, squeeze 2 tablespoons juice into medium bowl. Cut each avocado lengthwise in half around seed. Twist halves in opposite directions to separate. Remove pit, then cut avocado in its peel into 1/2" pieces. With spoon, scoop avocado into lime juice in bowl. Add cilantro, oil, salt and cumin to avocado
- Remove wooden picks from onion; coarsely chop onion. Remove as much charred skin from chiles as possible. Discard stem and seeds from chiles. Cut poblano into 1/2" pieces; mince jalapeño. Add onion and chiles to avocado mixture. With large spoon, stir ingredients to combine, lightly mashing some avocado with back of spoon but leaving some in chunks.
Guacamole is best prepared just before serving, but if desired, prepare up to 1 day ahead. Transfer guacamole to airtight plastic container. Place plastic wrap directly on surface of guacamole, then cover container with lid. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
120 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.