These packed peppers are filled with plant-based ground burger as a meat-less alternative to traditional stuffed peppers.
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. Impossible Plant-Based Ground Burger
- 1 (15 oz.) can Schnucks kidney beans
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Red Gold diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. Schnucks frozen corn, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups Schnucks shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup Schnucks salsa
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 5 bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- chopped cilantro, optional topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown plant-based meat substitute in a large pan until cooked through. Add beans, tomato, corn, 1 cup cheese, rice, salsa, cumin, chili powder and garlic.
- Place pepper halves in 9x13-inch greased baking dish. Spoon bean mixture into peppers.
- Bake uncovered for 40–45 minutes or until peppers have softened and filling is hot, adding remaining 1/2 cup cheese the last 5 minutes of baking.
- Garnish with green onions. Season with cilantro, salt and pepper, if desired.
504 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 12G