Who says home-cooked meals have to be boring? Check out our Lightlife Chili and Cheese Stuffed Poblanos and Rice Recipe, which is sure to be a pleaser.
- 12 oz. Lightlife Plant-Based Ground
- 1 1/4 cups minced onion, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks chili powder
- 1 tsp. Schnucks cumin
- 14 oz. canned no-salt added diced tomatoes
- 6 oz. Schnucks tomato paste
- 15 oz. canned no-salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large poblano peppers, halved and seeded
- 1/3 cup Schnucks shredded four cheese Mexican-style blend
- 2 tsp. Schnucks olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup long-grained rice, rinsed
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium pot over medium heat, prepare Plant-Based Ground according to package. Stir in 1 cup onion, 4 cloves minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, tomatoes and tomato paste, Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 additional minutes.
- Arrange poblanos on a foil-lined sheet pan. Evenly divide mixture among poblanos and top with cheese. Bake until peppers are tender and cheese has melted, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat one teaspoon oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add remaining onion and garlic to pan and cook until softened, about two minutes. Remove from heat to allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and cook until softened and starting to brown, 5-7 minutes. Stir in cooked rice and cilantro.
- Divide prepared poblanos and rice among 4 plates, Serve immediately.
550 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 4G