Add rum to make your holiday ham even tastier.
- 1 (7-8) lb. Schnucks spiral sliced ham
- 12 oz. pineapple preserves or 1 1/2 cups undrained crushed pineapple and 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 12 oz. sweet orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup spiced rum (such as Captain Morgan®), dark rum or orange juice
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. ground dry ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove ham from packaging, discarding plastic cover from bone-end of ham. Reserve glaze packet for another use. Place ham, cut side down, in 13 x 9-inch metal, glass or ceramic baking pan; cover loosely with aluminum foil. Bake 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in 1- to 2-quart saucepan, add preserves, marmalade and rum; heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Boil 20 minutes or until sauce thickens and is reduced to about 2-1/4 cups, stirring occasionally. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in mustard, ginger and pepper.
- Remove ham from oven; set aside aluminum foil to use later. Spread about 1 cup glaze over ham, then return ham to oven. Bake 35 to 45 minutes longer or until internal temperature reaches 120°F, brushing ham every 15 minutes with additional glaze. Remove ham from oven. Carefully place ham on serving platter. Cover ham loosely with reserved foil and let stand 15 minutes before serving. Internal temperature will rise to 140°F upon standing.
- Meanwhile, pour any drippings in 13 x 9-inch pan into same saucepan with any remaining glaze; heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Boil 15 to 20 minutes or until sauce thickens and is reduced to about 1-2/3 cups. Serve ham with sauce.
Try substituting 1 1/2 cups undrained canned crushed pineapple for the pineapple preserves and adding 2 tablespoons brown sugar to the saucepan with the crushed pineapple, marmalade and rum.
387 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.