Flavorful marinated chicken, creamy avocado, and sweet, juicy pineapple come together for a fresh, nutritious spin on a family favorite.
- 6 tbsp. pineapple juice, divided
- 3 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 shallots
- 3 tsp. grated fresh ginger, divided
- 3 tsp. minced garlic, divided
- 4 medium skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups pineapple, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 avocado, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, divided
- 1 (14 oz.) can lite coconut milk
- 1 cup brown rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, shallots, 2 teaspoons ginger and 2 teaspoons garlic. Add chicken, cover and refrigerate for one hour to marinade.
- In a medium bowl combine pineapple, avocado, jalapeño, remaining 2 tablespoons pineapple juice and 2 tablespoons mint. Add salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- While chicken is marinating, in a medium-sized pot, combine coconut milk, brown rice, 1 cup water, coconut flakes, remaining 1 teaspoon ginger, remaining 1 teaspoon garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a bowl over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer 40 to 45 minutes or until all liquid evaporates. Remove from heat and stir in remaining mint. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken breast (reserving marinade) and cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, turning once halfway through cooking. Remove chicken from skillet; cover and keep warm. Add reserved marinade to skillet and bring to a boil. Simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- To serve, slice chicken and arrange over coconut rice; drizzle with marinade sauce and top with pineapple salad.
567 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 9G