Philly Cheese Steaks in slider form will wow your party guests. These buttery rolls filled with tender beef and cheese will disappear quickly.
- 2 lb. Certified Angus Beef ® Bertolino ® brand shaved steak
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. canola oil, divided
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp. coarse kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 (12 count) pkg. pull-apart Hawaiian rolls
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- additional coarse salt for topping
- Preheat a large skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil, onion and bell pepper. Sear until they start to soften, 5 minutes. Remove from pan and increase heat to high.
- Add remaining tablespoon of canola oil and shaved steak. Season with salt and pepper and sear until well-browned and no pink remains, stirring often, 3-4 minutes. Stir in reserved peppers and onions and turn off heat.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Prepare rolls by cutting full pack of 12 horizontally to create a top and bottom layer. Place bottom layer on a baking sheet and top with 6 slices of cheese, shingled to cover evenly. Top with beef, pepper/onion mixture and top bun layer.
- Brush roll tops with melted butter and sprinkle the center of each bun with a pinch of salt. Bake 15 minutes. Using a serrated knife, slice between each roll for individual sliders.
250 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G