An easy appetizer recipe with beefy, cheesy deliciousness packed into a buttery crescent roll crust. Serve at your party and watch them disappear!
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. Bertolino Certified Angus Beef® Shaved Steak
- 2 tsp. canola or vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, yellow or red, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- all purpose flour, for dusting
- 2 (8 oz.) tubes crescent dough sheets
- 8 slices provolone cheese, cut into thirds
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Sear steak 2-3 minutes to develop a deep brown crust; set aside.
- Turn the pan heat down to medium and sear peppers and onion, stirring often until slightly soft and browned on edges, about 3 minutes; transfer to a mixing bowl. Toss steak with peppers and onion and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly spray muffin tin with cooking spray. Lightly dust work surface with flour. Lay out crescent dough and cut each into 6 squares, then round corners. Press discs into muffin tin and place a piece of provolone at the bottom of each dough cup.
- Discard excess liquid from steak mixture; evenly divide within each dough cup and top with remaining provolone.
- Bake for 8 minutes, rotate pan and bake 5-6 more minutes until dough is golden brown and cheese is bubbly on top. Cool steak cups at least 10 minutes in tin before serving.
180 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 6G