Prime rib is extra special with infused flavors of pepper and herbs. Impress your family and friends with this recipe from Certified Angus Beef.
- 1 (15 lb.) Certified Angus Beef ® bone-in ribeye roast
- 1/4 cup coarse cracked black pepper
- 3 tbsp. coarse kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. dry rosemary
- 2 tsp. dry oregano
- 2 tsp. dry thyme leaves
- Combine pepper, salt, garlic, cornstarch and dried herbs. Tie the roast every 1 1/2 to 2 inches with butcher’s twine. Rub the entire roast with seasoning blend and refrigerate overnight, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap on a sheet pan.
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Place roast on a rack lined with foil in a shallow roasting pan, fat-side down. Roast, uncovered, for 120 minutes.
- Flip roast so that fat side is now up; discard foil. Insert an ovenproof meat thermometer into thickest part of the roast, avoiding bone or fat. Continue roasting approximately 1 hour. Look for 120-125°F on thermometer.
- Rotate roasting pan and increase oven temperature to 450°F. Roast on high for 15 minutes to deepen crust. Final internal temperature should be 130-135°F when pulling from oven for a deep pink interior.
- Transfer roast to a cutting board and let rest 20 minutes before removing twine and carving.
550 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 6G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.