Turkey bacon adds a savory touch to this pasta dish.
- 1 box high-fiber penne pasta
- 1 tsp. California Olive Ranch® extra virgin olive oil
- 10 slices Oscar Mayer turkey bacon, cut crosswise into 3/4" pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 cup vodka
- 1 can (28 oz.) Schnucks crushed tomatoes in tomato puree
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped, plus additional sprigs for garnish
- 1 tsp. Schnucks Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. Schnucks crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup Schnucks half-and-half
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add pasta and cook as label directs. Drain pasta and return to saucepot; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add bacon; cook 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate.
- In same skillet, cook onion 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat; add garlic and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer or until onion is soft, stirring occasionally. Stir in vodka; cook 1 minute. Stir in crushed tomatoes, basil, Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until flavors blend, stirring occasionally. Stir in half-and-half and bacon.
- Pour sauce over pasta and gently toss until pasta is evenly coated with sauce; serve sprinkled with cheese and garnished with basil leaves, if desired.
428 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 4G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.