This dessert is so good there won’t be a crumb leftover.
- Schnucks nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small lemon
- 1 - 1 1/2 lb. fresh peaches, peeled and pitted and sliced OR 1 pkg. Schnucks frozen peaches, thawed and drained
- 1 3/4 cup Schnucks all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. Schnucks ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Schnucks ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup Schnucks unsalted butter
- 1 Schnucks large egg
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray 9" square baking pan with cooking spray. From lemon, squeeze 2 tablespoons juice.
- In medium bowl, toss peaches and lemon juice. In small bowl, combine 1/4 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over peaches. Toss gently just until peaches are coated.
- In second medium bowl, stir baking powder, and remaining 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt. With pastry cutter or 2 knives used as scissors, cut butter into flour mixture until pea size crumbs form. In small bowl, with whisk, beat egg; sprinkle over flour mixture and continue cutting until egg is evenly distributed.
- Firmly press half the dough into prepared pan to form crust; evenly spread peach mixture over crust. Lightly crumble remaining dough mixture over peaches. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into 4 strips, then cut each strip into 3 bars.
210 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G