It’s so simple to pop your own popcorn on the stovetop. Follow this recipe and explore different flavor types to satisfy your salty (or sweet) snack cravings!
- 3 tbsp. Schnucks vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup Schnucks butter, melted
- salt or toppings of choice
- Heat Schnucks vegetable oil in a heavy-bottomed stock pot over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Place 3 popcorn kernels in the oil. Once all kernels have popped, add remainder popcorn kernels to pot.
- Immediately cover and remove from heat, leaving the burner on. Count to 30 seconds (have the kids count aloud) then return pot to burner.
- When popcorn starts popping, gently shake pot a few times and tilt the lid so steam can escape.
- When popping slows (2-3 seconds between each pop), remove from heat. Pour into a large bowl and top with melted Schnucks butter and salt or toppings of choice.
ZESTY SRIRACHA1 tsp. sriracha (mixed with melted butter) + 1 tsp. lime juice + 1/2 tsp. lime zest
CINNAMON TOAST1 tbsp. sugar + 1 tsp. cinnamon
FRENCH ONION2 tbsp. French onion soup mix + 1 tsp. dried parsley
STL BBQ1 tbsp. Red Hot Riplet seasoning + 1 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
PEANUT BUTTER CUP1 tbsp. powdered peanut butter + 2 tsp. powdered sugar + 1/2 tsp. cocoa powder
360 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 11G