This dessert is sweet, aromatic and perfect for dessert.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp. plain gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Lightly coat four 6-ounce custard cups (heart shape mold is optional) with with corn oil.
- Pour 1 cup cream into a small bowl, sprinkle with gelatin and let stand for 5 minutes until softened.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the remaining 1 cup cream with sugar and salt and bring to a boil. Immediately remove the pan from heat; stir in vanilla and the softened gelatin mixture. Continue stirring for 1 minute until gelatin dissolves.
- Strain mixture and divide evenly among the four custard cups. Cover and refrigerate until set at least 4 hours.
- To serve, dip custard cups in bowl of hot water for 5 seconds and run a table knife around edges of custard to loosen before inverting onto plate.
TRY ONE OF THESE DELICIOUS FLAVORS
DARK CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO
During step 3, reduce sugar to 2 tablespoons and add 1 tablespoon instant espresso and 2 ounces chopped dark chocolate with vanilla and softened gelatin mixture. When serving, garnish with chocolate sauce, chocolate shavings and powdered sugar.
HONEY CARAMEL VANILLA
During step 3, substitute 1/3 cup honey for sugar and add with salt. When serving, garnish with caramel, honey and white chocolate shavings.
WHITE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY
During step 3, reduce sugar to 1 tablespoon and add 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam. After mixture boils, immediately add 2 ounces chopped white chocolate with softened gelatin mixture. When serving, top with raspberry jam or syrup and fresh berries.
566 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 27G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.