These crispy potato latkes are perfect for holidays.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Schnucks corn starch
- 1 tsp. Schnucks baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup Schnucks canola oil, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a colander, combine potatoes and onion, Using a clean kitchen towel, squeeze vegetables until dry, then add to a large bowl with remaining ingredients except salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Scoop 1/3 cup potato mixture into skillet and spread into 1/8" thick latke. Repeat. Fry patties until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side. Cook remaining latkes in batches of two, adding 1 tablespoon oil to skillet each time.
- Transfer latkes to a wire rack lined with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
116 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 0G