These easy protein packed tuna melts are perfect for a quick weekday lunch that will keep you satisfied all afternoon!
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 2 (4.5 oz.) cans Starkist No-Salt-Added Chunk White Albacore Tuna in Water, drained and broken into chunks
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup Schnucks light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, plus more to serve
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 4 Sargento Cheddar Cheese Ultra Thin Slices
- 4 large tomato slices
- 4 cups apple slices, divided to serve
- 2 cups nonfat vanilla yogurt, divided to serve
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add bread to a large, parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake about 5 minutes or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl stir together Starkist White Albacore Tuna, celery, red onion, light mayonnaise, olive oil, parsley, celery seed, dill weed and onion powder. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Top each slice of toast with a slice of cheese. Evenly divide tuna mixture over cheese and bake 8–10 minutes, or until warmed through and cheese is melted.
- Top with tomato slices and sprinkle with parsley and black pepper, if desired.
- Serve with 1 cup sliced apple with 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt per serving.
409 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 3G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.