Take burgers and sandwiches to the next level with this delicious jam.
- 1/2 lb. thick-sliced local bacon, chopped
- 4 medium local onions, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup Schnucks raisins
- 2 tbsp. stone-ground mustard
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- In a heavy-bottom pot, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy. Drain all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat.
- Reduce heat to low; add remaining ingredients and 1/4 cup of water. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until jam thickens and becomes dark brown, about one hour; add water if needed. Let cool.
- Carefully pour jam into jars, leaving 1/4 inch of space at top. Cover and refrigerate up to two weeks or freeze up to three months.
Local Product Recommendations
- Burgers' Smokehouse Bacon
- Wennemen Bacon
27 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 0G