Mixing greens like spinach into your eggs is a great way to get more vegetables into your diet. Greens are also filled with vitamins and antioxidants that support a healthy immune system with few calories.
- 5 slices Dave’s Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil
- 4 slices Oscar Mayer Selects Smoked Uncured Turkey Bacon, chopped
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 (10 oz.) pkgs. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup Schnucks plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Schnucks skim milk
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large ovenproof skillet or baking dish, toss bread and oil together. Bake 10 minutes or until bread is golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven and set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until just crisp, about 8 minutes. Add shallots, jalapeño and garlic and cook 2– 3 minutes or until shallots are softened. Add spinach and stir to coat. Remove from heat and mix in yogurt, milk, cheese and cilantro.
- Add spinach mixture to skillet with bread. Using a spoon, press 4 divots into mixture and crack an egg into each one.
- Bake mixture, rotating pan halfway through, 20–25 minutes or until egg whites are just set and yolks are slightly runny. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
310 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 3.5G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.