Simmered in Sam Adams OctoberFest and onion, these brats are meaty, juicy and very Oktoberfest.
- 1 large white or yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 8 fresh bratwurst
- 24 oz. Samuel Adams OctoberFest
- 8 hot dog or torpedo rolls, lightly toasted
- In a large saucepan, combine the beer and onions. Add the bratwurst and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the brats are heated through. Adjust the heat to maintain the simmer.
- Using a slotted spoon or tongs, lift the brats from the poaching liquid and nestle in the rolls. Top with condiments (see recipe notes) and serve.
Condiments for Serving
Boston Lager Onion Relish
Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil to opaque color. Add remaining ingredients and simmer until reduced
- 4 cups chopped onions
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- 2 tbsp. black pepper
- 2 bottles of Samuel Adams Boston Lager
Boston Lager Ketchup
Mix all ingredients.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp. Samuel Adams Boston Lager
410 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 9G