Prepare everyone’s favorite appetizer for your Oktoberfest celebration. Serve with pretzels or use as a sauce for sandwiches!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 32 oz. Samuel Adams OctoberFest beer
- 32 oz. heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. Kosher salt
- 2 quarts shredded cheddar (approx. 2 lbs.)
- To Prepare: Melt butter on medium heat in a stock pot.
- Add the all purpose flour to melted butter and stir until combined and light brown in color, with no lumps.
- Add the Samuel Adams OctoberFest Beer and whisk until smooth, then heavy cream and salt. Continually whisk and cook for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat, add the cheese, whisking quickly to incorporate.
- To Serve: Transfer sauce to a 1/3 steamwell pan and hold between 140-165°F for up to 4 hours. Keep covered. Do not overheat.
- To Chill & Store Large Batch: Transfer to storage container, chill to 70°F within 2 hours and down to 40°F or below within an additional 4 hours. Utilize within 5 days.
430 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 23G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.