Niçoise Salad is a salad that usually consists primarily of olives, tomatoes, anchovies, tuna, and beans or green vegetables. We took it up a notch and put it on a flatbread.
- 10 oz. tiny new potatoes
- 6 oz. thin green beans, trimmed
- 1 quart plus 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 small batch fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 lbs. skinless cod loin
- 1 lemon, halved
- 4 Flatout Multigrain Flax Flatbreads
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 1/2 large cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted mixed olives
- 6 radishes, quartered
- 3/4 cup vinaigrette dressing of choice, divided
- Add potatoes to a large saucepan and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil and cook 10 minutes. Add green beans to pot. Return to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 5–7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Quarter potatoes and set aside.
- Add 1 quart oil, garlic, thyme and bay leaves to a large high-sided skillet. Heat oil over medium-high heat until 180 degrees.
- Pat cod dry and season with salt and pepper; completely submerge in hot oil (adding more oil if necessary) and cook 10–15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Using a slotted spatula, transfer cod to a paper towellined plate and squeeze lemon over top.
- While cod is cooking, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place flatbreads on a baking sheet and brush with remaining olive oil. Bake 5–7 minutes or until crispy. Brush each flatbread with 1 tablespoon dressing.
- Assemble salad on the flatbread crusts by arranging potatoes, green beans, eggs, cucumber, olives and radishes over top. Break cod into bite-size pieces and add to the crusts. Drizzle with remaining dressing and serve immediately.
481 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 3.5G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.