Fact: ‘Going green’ is better with bacon and French’s® Crispy Fried Onions. Cook asparagus and top with a mish mash of crispy textures and sweet n’ tangy tastes. Drizzle with a Dijon Mustard glaze and sprinkle with Crispy Fried Onions and bacon for a quick and tasty veggie side.
- 2 tbsp. French's® Chardonnay Dijon Mustard Squeeze Bottle
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed
- 5 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup French's® Original Crispy Fried Onions
- MIX Mustard, honey, vinegar and pepper in large bowl. Set aside.
- COOK asparagus in boiling water in large uncovered skillet on medium-high heat 3 minutes or until tender-crisp. Drain well. Toss with mustard dressing in bowl; keep warm.
- IN the same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in Crispy Fried Onions; cook and stir 2 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle bacon mixture over asparagus. Serve immediately.
186 CALORIES Per Serving
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.