Espresso yourself with this festive dessert made with Cocoa Pebbles to add a crispy texture and an extra layer of chocolatey goodness!
- 1 (15.25 oz.) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup Cocoa Pebbles cereal, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup powdered sugar, plus more to dust and garnish
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. prepared espresso or coffee
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (16 oz.) jar chocolate fudge frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 18x13-inch sheet pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare cake batter according to package directions and gently fold in cereal.
- Pour batter into pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle of cake comes out clean, 15-17 minutes.
- Dust a lint-free kitchen towel with powdered sugar and carefully invert cake onto towel while cake is still hot. Remove parchment and tightly roll cake up around the towel (with towel between layers). Refrigerate until cooled completely.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar and espresso. Stir in whipped topping until fully combined.
- Once cake is cool, unroll and frost the top evenly with cream cheese mixture. Roll back up (without towel between layers), using towel to help keep cake tightly wrapped.
- Cover outside of cake with frosting. Using a toothpick, draw lines in frosting to look like bark. Dust with powdered sugar and garnish with additional cereal.
Other Flavor Combinations
Berry White Chocolate
Remove cereal. Substitute 1 cup berry pie filling for 1 cup whipped topping. Replace coffee with 1 tbsp. lemon zest. Cover cake with white chocolate frosting.
Remove cereal. Replace coffee with 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon. Cover cake with vanilla frosting and drizzle with caramel syrup.
510 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 9G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.