Mom’s Best Sweetened Wheatfuls Cereal is an excellent source of fiber with 44g of whole grains per serving.
- 1 cup Mom’s Best Sweetened Wheatfuls Cereal
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- roasted strawberries (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with muffin liners and coat each with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine cereal and milk. Let stand 10 minutes. In a medium bowl combine next six ingredients; set aside.
- Mash soaked cereal with a fork. Stir in egg, peanut butter, oil and lemon juice.
- Add dry ingredients to cereal mixture. Stir until just moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold roasted strawberries into the batter. Spoon evenly into muffin tin, filling each cup about three-quarters full.
- Bake 16–20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand in pan 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let cool slightly. Serve warm.
8 oz. quartered fresh strawberries, 2 tbsp. sugar, 1/2 tsp. vanilla, 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl toss together fresh strawberries, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Arrange in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 15–20 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl; let cool completely.
225 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.