This Mexican street corn salad is refreshing and easy-to-make.
- 5-6 ears fresh corn, husks and silks removed
- 3 limes, divided
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans Schnucks diced mild green chiles
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups crumbled queso fresco, queso Cotija or feta cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Schnucks real mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Schnucks sour cream
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed with press
- 1 tsp. Schnucks chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. Schnucks ground cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. With serrated knife, cut kernels from ears of corn. You should have about 5 cups. Spread corn in single layer on rimmed baking pan. Roast 40-45 minutes or until golden brown, stirring twice; cool in pan on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, from 2 limes, squeeze 1/4 cup juice. Cut remaining lime into wedges for serving. In large bowl, combine onion, chiles, 1 cup cheese, cilantro, mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, chili powder, salt, cayenne pepper and lime juice.
- Add corn to mayonnaise mixture; toss until well combined. Serve corn salad sprinkled with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and lime wedges.
- Corn salad can be prepared, covered and refrigerated up to 1 day.
- Cut lime into wedges and sprinkle with cheese just before serving
168 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 7G