Enjoy the melt-in-your-mouth goodness of meringue, no pie required.
- 6 large Schnucks egg whites
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 1/4 cups Schnucks sugar
- 1/4 tsp. flavor extract of choice
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Add egg whites, salt and cream of tartar to mixing bowl. Beat on medium-low until foamy.
- Increase speed to medium. Gradually add sugar and mix until well incorporated.
- Increase speed to high and beat mixture until stiff peaks form, about 5-7 minutes. Mix in flavor extract.
- Line baking sheet with foil and pipe into desired shape. Add cookies to oven and bake until dry, about 2 hours.
TRY THESE FESTIVE FLAVORS
KEY LIME WREATHS
- Add 1/4 tsp. lime extract and 3-5 drops green food coloring in step 3
- Decorate finished meringues with sprinkles and buttercream frosting
- Add 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract in step 3
- Before step 4, add a red swirl by using red food coloring to "paint" four vertical stripes inside piping bag
- Dip finished meringues in melted chocolate and crushed candy canes
VANILLA BERRY NESTS
- Add 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract in step 3
- While baking, wet cranberries and toss in Schnucks sugar
- Top finished meringues with sugar-coated cranberries and fresh mint sprigs
58 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 0G