This risotto recipe has flavors that are anything but mellow. With baby bella mushrooms and minced garlic, it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/8 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Schnucks grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 425°. Heat oil in an ovenproof saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook two to three minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice until coated with oil. Add water, broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Cover pan and transfer to oven. Bake until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven; stir in milk, butter and cheese.
- Heat one tablespoon of Schnucks olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion and garlic to pan and sauté for five minutes. Add to risotto.