This Mediterranean Hummus Bowl is the perfect lunch meal! It mixes various veggies into one nutrient-dense bowl of flavor.
- 1 1/2 (15.5 oz.) cans Schnucks garbanzo beans, divided
- 3 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers
- 2 ice cubes
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup Schnucks crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Drain and rinse garbanzo beans thoroughly. In a food processor, blend 2 cups garbanzo beans until powder-like, scraping sides as needed, about 3–5 minutes.
- In the same food processor as the blended garbanzo beans, add lemon juice, tahini, garlic and roasted peppers. Blend for 5 minutes. Add ice cubes and blend 3 additional minutes until thick and smooth.
- On a kitchen towel, pat dry remaining garbanzo beans with paper towel removing skins, when possible, 1–2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine dried garbanzo beans, olive oil, cumin and paprika. On a parchment-lined sheet pan spread mixture on a single layer.
- Bake garbanzo beans 45–60 minutes until crispy and dry, shaking pan every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool 30 minutes.
- In 4 shallow bowls, spoon 1/4 cup hummus. Assemble remaining ingredients on top of hummus as desired, garnish with chopped parsley and crispy garbanzo beans.
336 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.