This is not your average Sloppy Joe! This one substitutes the meat for hearty lentils, black beans and plenty of flavor!
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup Full Circle Red Lentils, rinsed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 (15 oz.) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Full Circle Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 6 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- shredded lettuce, to serve (if desired)
- sliced red onion, to serve (if desired)
- 1 cup, plus 2 tbsp. yogurt aioli, divided to serve (see recipe notes)
- 6 cups prepared frozen sweet potato fries, divided to serve
- In a medium saucepan, bring broth to a boil over high heat. Add lentils and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, 7–10 minutes or until just tender. Drain if liquid remains.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5–7 minutes or until tender. Add cooked lentils, tomato sauce, beans, Worcestershire, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 10–15 minutes or until thickened.
- Add burgers to hamburger buns and top with lettuce and onion, if desired.
- Serve with 3 tablespoons yogurt aioli (see recipe notes) and 1 cup prepared frozen sweet potato fries per serving.
Stir to combine all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- 1 cup plain whole Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. chipotle chili powder, if desired
523 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G