Trying to eat healthy on a budget? Don’t worry; Full Circle beans are here to save the day—because nothing is better than beans when it comes to being budget-friendly, high in protein and Good For You!
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks vegetable oil, divided
- 1 jumbo white onion, diced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 large Schnucks sweet potatoes, skinned and diced
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 can Full Circle canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can Full Circle canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Schnucks frozen corn
- 2 10-inch whole wheat flour tortillas, halved and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- Schnucks Greek yogurt, to serve (if desired)
- Schnucks shredded Mexican-style cheese, to serve (if desired)
- sliced avocado, to serve (if desired)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large pot over medium-high; add onion, garlic, bell pepper and jalapeño pepper. Sauté 3–5 minutes or until softened. Add sweet potato and cook 4–6 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomato paste, beans, spices and 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes. Add tomatoes and corn; simmer 20 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, toss together tortilla strips and remaining oil. Season with salt, if desired. Arrange in a single layer on a rimmed sheet pan; bake 8–10 minutes or until golden brown and crisp, stirring halfway through. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Serve chili topped with tortilla strips and (if using), Greek yogurt, cheese and/or avocado.
342 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 1G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.