For a sweet treat, serve Mango Panna Cotta with Raspberry Sauce.
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 (1/4 oz.) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 3 large ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/4 inch pieces, divided (about 3 cups)
- 1 (6 oz.)container vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. toasted slivered almonds
- fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- 1 medium orange
- 1 (6 oz.) pkg. fresh raspberries plus additional for garnish (optional)
- Prepare Panna Cotta: Lightly spray six 8-ounce ramekins with cooking spray; place on rimmed baking pan. Place milk in 2-quart saucepan and sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand 1 minute. Stir in 1/3 cup sugar; heat mixture over medium-low heat 5 minutes or just until warm and gelatin and sugar are dissolved, stirring frequently. Don’t allow to boil. Remove saucepan from heat; cool 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons mango pieces into bottom of each prepared ramekin. In blender, purée remaining 2-1/4 cups mango, yogurt and milk mixture until smooth and creamy. Evenly pour puréed mango mixture over mango pieces. Cover and refrigerate panna cotta at least 4 hours or up to overnight to set.
- Prepare Raspberry Sauce: From orange, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 1/4 cup juice. In blender, purée raspberries, 1 tablespoon sugar, orange juice and peel until smooth. Strain mixture through fine-mesh strainer; discard seeds. Makes about 3/4 cup.
- To serve, carefully run small knife around edge of ramekins to loosen panna cotta, then invert ramekins onto each of 6 dessert plates to release; spoon about 2 tablespoons raspberry sauce around panna cotta. Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon almonds and garnish with whole raspberries and mint leaves, if desired.
To toast almonds: In 8-inch skillet, toast almonds over medium-low heat 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown on the edges, stirring frequently. Transfer to plate to cool.
283 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 3G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.