This chocolate cinnamon Irish coffee made with Maker’s Mark is the perfect drink to keep you warm this winter.
- 1 part Maker’s Mark Bourbon Whisky
- 3 parts hot coffee
- 1/2 part crème de cocoa
- 1/4 part cinnamon simple syrup
- top with heavy cream or whipped cream
- grated chocolate or cinnamon for garnish
- Add all ingredients to a mug or Irish coffee glass and stir.
- Top with heavy cream or whipped cream.
- Garnish with grated chocolate or cinnamon (or
How to Make Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- Mix equal parts sugar and water with one broken up cinnamon stick per half cup.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once sugar is completely melted, remove pan from heat and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Strain out cinnamon.
- Syrup can be stored up to three weeks.