Indulgent baked macaroni and cheese can make any vegetable more delicious.
- 3 cups torn kale leaves
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, divided
- 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg Schnucks macaroni or pasta of choice
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup Schnucks shredded cheese of choice
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- On a sheet pan, toss torn kale leaves with 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- Roast 15–20 minutes or until crispy; set aside and preheat broiler. Meanwhile, prepare Schnucks macaroni or pasta of choice according to package.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together milk, flour, minced garlic, ground mustard, remaining salt and black pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until bubbly and slightly thickened. Stir in cream cheese until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in Schnucks shredded cheese of choice until melted.
- Pour cheese mixture over pasta; toss to coat and transfer to a large baking dish or ovenproof skillet.
- Toss together the remaining panko breadcrumbs and olive oil; sprinkle over pasta mixture.
- Broil 3–5 minutes or until topping is golden brown—keep an eye on your food; the broiler works quick.
- Serve topped with crispy kale leaves.
Cheap Eats Your Way!
Add 1 lb. Schnucks 31–40 ct. cooked shrimp (tails removed) to baking dish at same time as pasta and cheese mixture. Continue as directed.
579 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 9G