Lucy’s German-Style Potato Salad is so good, you’ll want to add it as a side for all of your picnics and group gatherings.
- 2 lbs. small red new potatoes
- 2 tsp. grapeseed oil
- 10 slices Schnucks applewood smoked bacon
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped shallots
- 2 cups sweet Riesling wine
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Schnucks granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. crème fraîche or sour cream
- kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Cut potatoes in half; place in large saucepot and cover with cold water. Heat to boiling over high heat; boil 1 minute. Drain potatoes and transfer to large bowl; add oil and toss to coat. Transfer potatoes to rimmed baking pan. Roast 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick 12" skillet, cook bacon (cut crosswise into 1/4" pieces) over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate. Reserve half of the bacon drippings.
- To same skillet with bacon drippings, add onion and shallots; cook over medium heat 5 to 10 minutes or until onions are soft and translucent. Increase heat to medium-high; add wine and cook until mixture is reduced to a syrupy consistency. Reduce heat to medium, add vinegar, sugar and mustard seed; cook 2 minutes.
- Transfer potatoes to large bowl; add green onions, crème fraîche, salt and pepper to taste, bacon and onion mixture and toss until well combined. Serve warm or at room temperature.
240 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G