Cheesy, spicy and hearty—this locally inspired lasagna is the definition of comfort food.
Send this recipe as a care package by using the assembly list below. For more information on how to ship a care package to ensure they arrive as intended, see our A Taste of Home blog post for instructions.
- 1 (15 oz.) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 oz.) package Schnucks shredded Italian six cheese blend, divided
- 1 (13.5) can spinach, drained
- 1 (7 oz.) jar Schnucks sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks Italian seasoning
- 2 (24 oz.) jars local pasta sauce
- 1 lb. Schnucks fresh ground salsiccia sausage, cooked and drained
- 9 Schnucks lasagna noodles (not no-boil)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl stir together ricotta, 1 cup cheese, spinach, mushrooms, garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Spread about 12 ounces pasta sauce along the bottom of a prepared 9x13-inch baking dish, then top with 3 noodles.
- Spread half of cheese mixture on noodles, followed by half of sausage, 12 more ounces pasta sauce and 3 more noodles. Repeat.
- Spread remaining sauce over top layer of noodles and cover with remaining cheese.
- Cover dish with foil and bake 50 minutes. Remove foil and bake until cheese is bubbly and noodles are fork tender, 10-15 more minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before cutting.
Craft a Care Package
- 9×13-inch casserole dish, to prepare lasagna
- 2 (24 oz.) jars local pasta sauce such as Taste of the Hill, Anthonino’s or Mama’s Sugo
- 1 package Schnucks lasagna
- 1 (13.5 oz.) can spinach
- 1 (7 oz.) jar Schnucks sliced mushrooms
- 1 jar minced garlic
- Jar with 2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- Schnucks gift card to purchase remaining items for recipe
- Recipe card (print this recipe)
390 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 9G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.