Crafted with Italian spices and red and green peppers—Al Fresco Sweet Italian Style Chicken Sausage makes meals like this little lunchbox easy and delicious. Serve with nonfat yogurt with berries and granola, baby carrots and snap peas with hummus and Full Circle Organic Diced Peaches. Full Circled Peaches are picked and packed at the peak of freshness and an excellent source of vitamin C.
- 1 tube crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup Schnucks pizza sauce
- 2/3 cup Schnucks shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper, sliced into 16 strips
- 4 Al Fresco Sweet Italian Style Chicken Sausage Links, quartered
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Schnucks shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Unroll crescent rolls and cut each triangle in half lengthwise, from middle of shortest side to furthest point. Evenly divide sauce, mozzarella, pepper strips and sausage among the centers of triangle halves; roll dough around filling.
- Place rolls on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with egg and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cold.
These can be prepared up to 3 days in advance. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Or, assemble through step 1 and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw and bake before serving.
436 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 9G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.