Made with fresh lemons and whipped cream, this dessert is a delicious after-dinner treat.
- 2 small lemons
- 1 pkg. butter recipe yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg. lemon instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 cup Schnucks vitamin D whole milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 Schnucks large eggs
- 1/3 cup Schnucks unsalted butter, softened
- 10 oz. lemon curd
- 8 oz. Schnucks whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 13x9" metal baking pan with cooking spray. From lemons, grate 2 teaspoons peel and squeeze 1/4 cup juice.
- In medium bowl, with mixer on low speed, beat cake mix, pudding mix, milk, water, eggs, butter and lemon peel until moistened. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes longer, scraping bowl occasionally with rubber spatula.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean; cool cake completely in pan on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in microwave-safe medium bowl, stir lemon curd and lemon juice. Heat in microwave oven on high 1 minute or until melted; stir until smooth. With end of wooden spoon, poke 24 holes in cake. With rubber spatula, spread lemon curd mixture evenly over cake. Refrigerate 20 minutes. Spread whipped topping over cake.
267 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 6G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.