This risotto recipe from Schnucks has a hint of lemon to make a must-have meal plan addition.
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 3/4 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/8 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Schnucks grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cups Schnucks rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 whole lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
- 1 tsp. rosemary, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°. Heat oil in an ovenproof saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice until coated with oil. Add water, broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Cover pan and transfer to oven. Bake until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven; stir in milk, butter, cheese, chicken, bacon, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon salt, lemon pepper and rosemary.