The ricotta cheese in these pancakes help to make them melt in your mouth while the lemon adds a brightness to this classic dessert.
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup 1% milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup Full Circle Whole-Wheat Flour
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 4 cups berries of choice, chopped if large
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- In a large bowl, whisk together ricotta, milk, egg yolks and sugar. Gently fold in flour, lemon zest and salt. In another large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form; fold into ricotta mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low. Working in batches, add 1/4 cup scoops of batter to pan and cook 4–5 minutes or until bubbles form. Flip pancakes and cook 2–3 minutes or until bottoms are golden.
- Meanwhile, add berries and lemon juice to a small saucepan. Warm over medium-low heat until berries soften and begin to release their juices, 5–10 minutes. Spoon berries over pancakes and serve.
302 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G