When life hands you lemons, make Lemon Meringue Eggs.
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 (10 oz.) jar lemon curd
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Allow egg whites to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line two large baking sheets with parchment.
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl beat egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating on high speed until stiff peaks form and sugar has almost dissolved.
- Using a metal tablespoon, drop heaping dollops of meringue onto parchment, leaving 1–2 inches in between and using the back of the tablespoon to make a shallow well in the center of each.
- Bake for 35 minutes without opening oven. Turn oven off; let meringues dry in oven with door closed for 1 hour. Lift meringues off paper and let cool. Transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature up to 4 days.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine lemon curd and whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, spoon lemon curd mixture into meringue shells.
130 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.