This classic lemon-butter cod paired with a refreshing tomato sauce is sure to become a family favorite! Pair with cooked orzo for a wholesome meal.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. Full Circle frozen Alaskan cod fillets, thawed and patted dry
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- cooked orzo, to serve (if desired)
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high. Season cod all over with salt and pepper, if desired; add to skillet and cook 2 minutes per side. Meanwhile, warm a large plate by running it under hot water; pat dry. Transfer fish to plate and cover tightly with foil. Set aside (fish will continue to cook as it rests).
- Return skillet to range over medium-high heat; add remaining butter and cook, stirring constantly, 3–5 minutes or until foam has subsided and butter is browned.
- Add shallot and sauté until just softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and crushed red pepper; sauté 1 minute more. Add tomatoes; cook, stirring gently, until blistered and juices have thickened slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add lemon zest and juice to pan. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute more; remove from heat. Uncover fish and serve over orzo, if using; top with prepared tomato mixture and fresh parsley.
413 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 16G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.