This Kwanzaa Kale Salad is a flavorful way to turn those holiday leftovers into a savory treat!
- 2 1/2 cups leftover cornbread, cubed
- 3 oz. Schnucks Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz. Schnucks olive oil
- 6 oz. kale, stems removed
- 1/3 cup Marzetti Simply Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- 1 leftover creole fish fillet, flaked
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add cubed cornbread to baking sheet, sprinkle parmesan over top, drizzle with oil and toss gently to combine. Bake in a single layer until golden brown, about 10–15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add torn kale leaves. Using your hands, massage and rub leaves together for 2–3 minutes until leaves soften and turn dark green.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon vinaigrette with maple syrup and red pepper flakes. Add dressing to kale and toss to combine.
- Top salad with cheesy cornbread croutons, cherry tomatoes, bacon crumbles, pecans and flaked creole fish. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
515 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 8G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.