You’ll definitely want a piece of this pie.
- 2 cups graham crackers, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Schnucks butter, melted
- 3/4 cup Schnucks sugar, divided
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 yolks from large Schnucks eggs
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp. lime zest, finely grated
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Schnucks sour cream
- 3 - 4 drops green food coloring
- 1/2 cup brine from a can of chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and ¼ cup sugar until well combined.
- Spray a 9" pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Firmly press crumb mixture into the sides and bottom of the pie plate, forming approximately a 1/2" crust.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until golden and let cool. In a medium bowl, whisk together condensed milk, egg yolks, juice, zest, cream, sour cream and food coloring.
- Pour into pie crust and bake for 30 minutes, until edges are set and pie has a slight jiggle. Cool on a wire rack and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Using an electric mixer on high, beat brine and ream of tartar until foamy. Gradually add sugar in small increments and beat until stiff peaks form. Stir in vanilla. Spoon or pipe meringue onto pie and broil for 1-2 minutes to toast. Serve immediately.
494 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 13G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.