Elevate your stuffing with kale.
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp. ancho chili powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. shitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 1 bunch kale, ribs and stems removed, leaves torn
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tsp. ground thyme
- 6 cups coarsely torn sourdough bread, dried overnight
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat large cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Toast pumpkin seeds in skillet over medium heat with chili powder and pink of salt, about 5 minutes. Remove.
- Heat 4 tablespoons oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onions, season with salt and pepper. Cook 3 minutes. Add kale and cook, stirring often, for 3 more minutes.
- Whisk eggs, stock and ground thyme; pour over bread. Season with salt and pepper and toss. Combine with previously cooked ingredients and add to skillet.
- Cover with foil and cook in oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and increase heat to 400 degrees. Cook 10 more minutes until top is golden. Allow to cool before serving.
237 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G