Jollof is a flavor-filled rice dish that combines various vegetables and seasonings into one. This serves as a great side dish option!
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Schnucks petite diced tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers, trimmed & diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 chili pepper of choice, stemmed & seeded
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger root
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 cup Schnucks basmati rice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) Schnucks blackeyed peas, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup frozen okra
- In food processor, add tomatoes, one red bell pepper, garlic, onion and chili pepper. Blend into a smooth paste.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and prepared purée over medium. Stir in remaining spices and cook until combined, about 5 minutes. Stir rice and bay leaves into pan. Add 1 1/2 cups water, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans, remaining bell pepper, and frozen okra. Cook 10 minutes more or until rice is soft and sauce is thick. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
330 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 1G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.