Of the jerk trout recipes out there, this one is a winner. Packed full of flavor and color, give your taste buds something to talk about.
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Jamaican jerk seasoning blend
- 4 (8-10 oz.) fresh boneless rainbow trout
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 4 medium under-ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (if desired)
- lime wedges, to serve
- In a small saucepan combine coconut milk, 1 1/4 cups water, sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in rice. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 18–20 minutes or until rice is tender
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a small bowl combine butter and seasoning. Brush fish all over with butter mixture and place skin-side-down on a prepared sheet pan. Bake 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a large bowl stir together lime juice, honey and mint. Add banana and cucumber and gently toss until coated. Sprinkle with pecans, if desired.
- Serve trout with cooked rice, banana cucumber salad and lime wedges.
862 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 14G