This juicy jerk pork tenderloin recipe is perfect for dinnertime.
- 1 and 1/4 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup Caribbean jerk marinade
- 1 large ripe pineapple
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 4 large unpeeled red potatoes, cut into 1" chunks
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1" pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Place pork and marinade inside large zip-tight plastic bag. Seal bag, pressing out excess air. Massage ingredients in bag to coat pork. Refrigerate 2 to 6 hours to marinate.
- Meanwhile, cut crown and stem end off pineapple. Stand pineapple upright and slice off rind and eyes. Cut half of pineapple crosswise into 1" thick rounds, then cut around core to remove. (Reserve remaining pineapple for another use.) Brush both sides of pineapple slices with 1 tablespoon oil.
- In cup, mix salt, black pepper, thyme, cayenne and cumin. Transfer 2 teaspoons spice mixture to medium bowl; add potatoes, onion and remaining 2 tablespoons oil and toss to combine. Cut 1 long sheet (about 30 inches) heavy-duty aluminum foil. Arrange potato mixture in single layer on half of foil sheet. Fold other half of foil over to cover potatoes. Fold edges several times to seal tightly.
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. Stir garlic, allspice and cinnamon into remaining spice mixture in cup. Remove pork from marinade; discard marinade. Rub pork with spice mixture. Place pork and potato packet on hot grill rack. Cover grill and cook pork 18 to 20 minutes or until internal temperature of pork reaches 145°F, turning pork occasionally. Cook potato packet in covered grill 20 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking. Transfer pork to cutting board; let stand 10 minutes. Slide potato packet onto cookie sheet and let stand, sealed, while pineapple cooks.
- Place pineapple on hot grill rack; cook, uncovered, 10 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking.
- With kitchen shears, cut an X in top of foil packet to allow steam to escape, then carefully pull back foil to open. Thinly slice pork tenderloin. Serve with potatoes and pineapple.
488 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 3G