Dark sweet cherries and Jameson Irish Whiskey balance each other in this glaze best suited for your corned beef served on St. Patrick’s Day.
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 lb. frozen dark sweet cherries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. orange zest
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Add cherries, sugar, Jameson, red wine vinegar and bay leaf. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in garlic and orange zest, remove from heat and let cool slightly. Discard bay leaf and transfer mixture to a blender. Process until smooth.
- Serving suggestion: Brush cooked corned beef roast with glaze; slice and serve with remaining glaze on the side.
53 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 1G