A true cozy fall recipe to satisfy your need for comfort food. Don’t be shy with the Parmesan!
ra•gu (noun): Italian pasta sauce made with meat, red wine, tomato paste and vegetables.
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 3 cups low-sodium beef stock, divided
- 3 tbsp. Schnucks tomato paste
- 2 cups shredded cooked brisket
- 1 cup Schnucks milk
- 1 lb. cooked pasta of choice
- Schnucks shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery and carrots and sauté until softened, 8-10 minutes. Add wine; bring to a boil and cook 1 minute, stirring often and scraping up browned bits.
- Whisk in 2 1/2 cups stock and tomato paste. Add chopped brisket, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour.
- Stir in milk. Cover (with lid slightly ajar) and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. If necessary, thin mixture by adding more stock 1/4 cup at a time. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve sauce over pasta and top with Parmesan cheese.
430 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 3.5G