This classic Hungarian recipe includes tender chicken in an rich, flavorful and creamy paprika sauce.
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened (divided)
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups Schnucks chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp. + 1 cup flour, divided
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 cooked chicken thighs, shredded
- 2 tsp. Schnucks baking powder
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 cup milk
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth, tomatoes, paprika and crushed red pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes.Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth, tomatoes, paprika and crushed red pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes.
- Add a ladle of broth to a bowl and whisk in sour cream and 1 tablespoon flour; return to pot and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Stir in chicken and return mixture to a simmer, then cover and remove from heat.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Whisk together remaining flour, baking powder, parsley and pinch of salt. Cut remaining butter into mixture, then stir in milk. Drop batter by the spoonful into pot and boil until cooked through, 5-7 minutes. Serve with chicken mixture.
660 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 14G