Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with a meal that’s both hot and sweet – our Hot Honey Chicken with Sweet Potatoes!
- 1/4 cup Schnucks honey
- 4 tbsp. hot sauce, divided
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 4 cups cornflakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. Schnucks smoked paprika
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large sweet potatoes, skin on, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped thyme
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juiced & zested
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, whisk together honey, 2 tbsp. hot sauce, 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning and chipotle chili powder. Cook 5 minutes or until hot and bubbling. Season with salt (if desired). Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a Ziploc bag, crush cornflakes. Add Parmesan cheese, smoked paprika and remaining Cajun seasoning. Close bag and shake to mix. Empty bag into a shallow bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and remaining hot sauce together, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- On a cutting board, split chicken breasts in half, pound each portion flat until 1/4–1/2 inch thick. Dip each chicken piece in egg wash, then dredge chicken in cornflake mixture, one at a time, covering fully. Place on prepared baking sheet, lying flat, in a single layer.
- In a medium bowl, combine sweet potato wedges with chopped thyme, olive oil and salt. Toss together until coated evenly in oil. Spread in a single layer on sheet pan with chicken. Bake in oven for 20–25 minutes, until sweet potatoes are crisp and golden brown and chicken is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic powder and black pepper. Taste lemon aioli and add salt (if desired). Refrigerate covered until ready to serve.
- Serve chicken hot (reserving two of the breasts for the salad on Wednesday) and drizzled in honey sauce with sweet potato wedges and lemon aioli for dipping.
492 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.